It’s more cost effective to send your direct mail campaign online, as you save on printing and mailing costs but will it have as much impact? It’s questions like these that run through Marketers minds every day, and often it all depends on the creative, the execution or the target market you are trying to reach as to which method will work best. Here are some pros and cons of both…
The Advantages of Hard Copy DM
For many campaigns, the impact of a big colourful mailpiece landing in your target market’s lap cannot be underestimated. Printed DM gives you the ability to deliver your product or service into your target market’s hands with strong imagery and a personal touch that an online campaign may find it difficult to achieve. Also, depending on your target audience and the way they consume media, response rates are often higher to a printed direct mail campaign.
For instance a sampling campaign, wherein a product flyer is sent out with a product sample or a discount coupon, can be more effective when executed in print as the product is delivered into your target audience’s hot little hands, and they don’t have to take further steps to receive the free sample/or discount coupon – like having to print it out!
Benefits of Sending your DM Campaign Online
There are however, huge benefits in delivering your DM campaign online which can outweigh the impact of print.
- Extends the reach of your campaign to other mediums including email, web and mobile devices, so you reach more prospects in more ways
- More rapid turnaround than conventional printed DM campaigns, which means a faster spike in sales
- Online delivery is easy and inexpensive to personalise, which is proven to increase response rates
- Online delivery allows you to include a personalised message or offer for each prospect via a PURL (personalised website), taking the cost (and hassle) out of having to print different versions for different target audiences
- Responses are gathered immediately, eliminating data entry and return mail costs associated with the return of printed responses and forms
- You can track your results online in real time, with no time lag between the campaign launch and measuring its effectiveness
- Reduces print costs and outgoing mail management costs
- Can reduce overall DM campaign cost by 50%+
Why not both Print and Online Delivery?
Print management companies like BPA are now offering both print and online solutions for DM, so they are able to manage both for you. BPA’s Communicator tool is an innovative online solution which enables you to send Direct Mail in electronic format for a faster response. This cross media marketing tool extends your campaign from the Print medium to Email, SMS and personalised websites or ‘PURLS’.
Efficient and effective, BPA’s Communicator saves time and money in campaign execution, whilst delivering strong results and enabling you to measure the response to your campaign immediately. You can get your campaign to market before your competitors, with the result being a highly targeted campaign across a variety of formats which produces strong results.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BPA’S COMMUNICATOR?
Contact BPA firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Now 1300 577 787
Visit our Website www.bpaustralia.com.au